- Prep Time:20 mins
- Cook Time:N/A
Lentil Salad with Lemon Herb Dressing
The key to any great salad is a beautifully simple dressing. This dish is drizzled in a tangy lemon herb dressing that lifts every ingredient and the addition of the black eye beans turns this creation into a more substantial meal. It’s one of our favourite vegetarian lunch options and it will soon be yours too!
Original recipe by SIMPLY GREAT MEALS | 27.1.16
+1 1 CAN (400g) EDGELL BLACK EYE BEANS
- 450g sachet microwave brown rice, warmed following packet directions
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 400g can Edgell Brown Lentils, drained
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- Lemon Herb Dressing:
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 teaspoons red or white wine vinegar
Combine rice, spring onion, Edgell Brown Lentils, tomatoes and cucumber.
ADD DRAINED EDGELL BLACK EYE BEANS.
Combine dressing ingredients in a screw top jar. Pour over salad, season to taste and toss well.
Diced avocado is a delicious addition to this salad.
Healthy Tip: Serve this mouth-watering salad with a lean protein like chicken.